Development of Healthy Lifestyle Skills
Benefits of Mindful Life Program:
Benefits of Mindfulness-Based Therapies in Addiction Treatment
The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) recommends the use of mindfulness-based cognitive therapy to treat individuals who suffer from a Mental Health Disorder and a Substance Abuse Disorder. Research has also shown that it is a very effective tool for treating substance use disorder.
Mindfulness-based cognitive therapy is very beneficial in conjunction with Substance Abuse Treatment in the following ways;
Reinforces relapse prevention – Many individuals who suffer from substance abuse disorders also struggle with chronic depression. In addressing both the depression and the addiction during treatment, the client can learn how to differentiate the two and be mindful of their ability to overcome depression in recovery.
Assists individuals in managing feelings of anxiety – Several studies found that the use of MBCT significantly decreased levels of anxiety, worry, and even improved sleep quality. Mindfulness-based cognitive therapy helps reduce stress levels and encourages individuals to recognize their anxiety as negative thoughts instead of predictive facts. Therefore, reducing the power negative thoughts have over the individual’s life.
Supports trauma recovery – Research has shown that mindfulness-based cognitive therapy is an effective and highly beneficial therapeutic tool for treating Substance Abuse Disorders. In combining MBCT with other evidence- based therapies, Sobriety Solution of New Jersey Program can provide a well-rounded treatment program for individuals suffering from Substance Abuse Disorder.
How Sobriety Solutions Mindful Life Program Provides Integration into Life:
Sobriety Solution’s Mindful Life Program offers mindfulness-based therapy interventions and other clinical services which promote growth in recovery. These services include;
- Mindfulness-based relapse prevention
- Mindfulness-based stress reduction
- Coping skills training for specific substance use and mental health disorders
- All clients will be assessed in areas such as career/education, family dynamics, and trauma which will drive chosen treatment interventions.
- All groups will focus on an aspect of life that are a challenge to newly sober people.
- Solution focused therapy will assist clients who are transitioning back into work, school and family life.
- Sessions will be more exploratory for younger clients who are searching for a sense of purpose and meaning in early recovery.
- Ancillary services will be provided to assist clients in resume building, interview skills, and temporary to full time job placement.